Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Create 3D model that have different cross sections

leo_morales
Participant
Hi, I would like to know if there are options in ArchiCAD that will let me create a 3D model with 2 different sections on both ends. Using morph is one, but if there are many points on both the sections, it will take time. Will use this in our project for excavation, in between stations, there are different cross sections. I attached a sample of what I would like to do. Both ends are created using morph. And when a 3D is made, it should look like the picture. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
If you have the shape of the two ends, then a ruled shell with detailed construction method and a 0 (zero) thickness will give you the joining sides.
It will be a hollow shell but you could always convert it to a morph ans make it solid.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Barry Kelly
If you have the shape of the two ends, then a ruled shell with detailed construction method and a 0 (zero) thickness will give you the joining sides.
It will be a hollow shell but you could always convert it to a morph ans make it solid.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
leo_morales
Participant
That is great Mr. Barry, will try this once I start working on that. Thank you very much.
Barry wrote:

ruled_shell.jpg

Barry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option, is to Select both Morphs > Right Click > Boolean Operations > Union.
Now both of your Morphs are part of a single geometry. Then you can draw custom edges between nodes by: Click one node of the Morph > Select the Pencil button > Draw your edge. Repeat as needed.
When you draw the last edge, you will see that the solid will be closed. Finally check the solidity by Selecting the Morph > Right Click > Check Solidity.
Hope this helps.
leo_morales
Participant
Thanks, I used this when the model is making a non-solid.
Braza wrote:
Another option, is to Select both Morphs > Right Click > Boolean Operations > Union.
Now both of your Morphs are part of a single geometry. Then you can draw custom edges between nodes by: Click one node of the Morph > Select the Pencil button > Draw your edge. Repeat as needed.
When you draw the last edge, you will see that the solid will be closed. Finally check the solidity by Selecting the Morph > Right Click > Check Solidity.
Hope this helps.