Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Create & Export Points

Anonymous
Not applicable
Goodmorning,
before asking my question I would like to say that this forum helped me alot already, thank you for this!
OK, now to the question, I'd like to know how can I create labeled points with xyz coordinates and later export them to ascii format.
It really makes me wonder how come I didn't find anything on the subject, surelly I can't be the only one with that problem.
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Anestis,

the easiest way is to use the "Coordinate Dimension 17" library part (I hope it exists also in your localized library).
Once you defined your points by using this object you can easily create an Interactive Schedule Element List where:

the criteria should be
Element Type = Object
Library Part Name = "Coordinate Dimension 17"

The fields:
ID (you find it under Object/Lamp parameters)
Coordinate X
Coordinate Y
Coordinate Z
(these 3 parameters can be add by clicking Add Object Parameters button, finding and selecting the "Coordinate Dimension 17" and adding these parameters from its list).

The result will be the one showed in the attached image.
The result can be exported on several file format.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the fast and very accurate reply!
This worked perfectly.
IMO this is a feature to be proud about, Graphisoft should not hide it like that!
Again,thank you.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
You're welcome!

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand why GRAPHISOFT has removed this parameters for X,Y,Z from AC19 "Coordinate Dimension 19".

You can only use parameters like "Offset (x), Offset (y)..." which you can't list coordinates in the Schedule from that