Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Creating a 3D Sewer / Stomrwater Lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

Been a very long time since I posted here, but know this is the best place to get good advice and tricks.

I need to model a 3d pipe to represent a sewer or stormwater line underground. I have the invert levels of the pipe at both ends but need to find a way to model it fast and accurately. I have tried to look online and couldn't find anything so posting a new topic.

Is there an object that would work or someone has a method that works for them?

I am using AC 23 now (I will update my signature to suit shortly)

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry posted this in the wrong topic. Can a Mod please move it to correct topic.
Seems like a sloping beam with a complex profile as a pipe section would do the trick.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Karl Ottenstein
Unless the line is trivial (single run, single slope, etc) - this is what the ARCHICAD MEP add-on is for - pipes / plumbing, electrical conduit, ductwork, connections...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Tim Ball
Expert
I use the railing tool
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
@Tim Ball and @Richard Morrison,

Could give me a hint (or two 😉 how you would use railing tool or the beam tool with complex profile to create such a sewer system. How do you manage the slope and height calculations in and as a system?

Here a sample of a sewer we would like to do in Archicad.
Thanks!

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Easy question. Upgrade to AC24 and use MEP tools, as Karl suggested. (But why are you spending time doing this? I would think for a project this large, you would have engineers doing it.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Does AC24 has a modul to design such sewer systems? Or does it has only the pipes and parts as stand alone objects?
In that project an engineer did the design .. (long story short) .. we have to redo it.
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Barry Kelly
You would still have to design the system (or have it designed for you).
MEP just connects the pipes, ducts & objects that you place and allows you to edit them with the connections remaining intact.
You still have to decide what you are placing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11