Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Creating a GSM, then missing object right away?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have this problem after creating a new GSM 2D object, then testing Object Tools, then the object doesn't show up but the "famous missing Dot". What does that mean?

Wondering if anyone have this problem. This is my first time noticing this. How do i avoid that problem if I create a basic 2D object GSM without being missing automatic?

Any tips would be great!

No rush.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Did you script your object or did you select elements in your model and 'Save as object'?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did select elements and save as object, then after that. I checked the object tool, then see the error like this or the" famous missing dot". I don't get it. It was just line and fill to make 2D symbol that I always used for other common basic objects. This is kind of weird, though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I forgot to attach the GSM file for you to look at it if you want.
Barry Kelly
I don't know why but something has gone wrong in converting your polygons (fills) into the GDL script.
Probably because some of them are so tiny.

You could greatly simplify your fills before you select them.

Here is where the problem fill is ...

In the script it is converting to a polygon but with a bad arc.
This is on line 298 of the 2D script (CTRL+L and type in 298 will take you there).

The line ending with "4001" should be in the form ... 0, angle, 4001
For some reason the angle is 101'-1.2283" which makes no sense to me.
One because it should be less than 360° and two because it seems to be in feet and inches which makes no sense for an angle - although all the other ones are like this as well.

Anyway I just edited the script and made the angle smaller (I subtracted 1080 ( 3x360°)).
This solved the error but didn't really fix the shape of the polygon - I have no idea what that should be.

So I would greatly simplify your fills before you save as an object or you can open the script and edit line 298 as I have shown.
Or if you have trouble doing that then let me know and I can do it for you - I will just have to find an olde version of Archicad to do it in as you are only on version 19?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Barry,

Ah, it was the fills issue. The objects that I borrowed from other sources was used DWG files. It was their polygon drawing that I could fix but I didn't realize that fills was the issue. Now, I know, I will watch that out next time and make sure it contains as one fill is the better.

In the past, I did not added fills with those objects. But, I realized I do need it but need to simplify the fills. I will make sure to keep one Fill surface as possible.

Right now, we are still using 17, 19 is for my modeling projects. I am trying to get them to go on 19 someday.

Thank you for the tip. Now i know.

Paige