Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating vertical images to plaster onto the side of already created GDL objects

walkinthepark
Participant

It's me again! This is a new slant on the seats in my project which WERE thankfully able to be inserted into my stadiums. The seat vendor was able to incorporate a circular piece of the stanshion for those seats that are on the end of the row that have a space to place a logo of 5 7/8" in diameter there. Before I start dragging copies of rows of seats all over creation, I thought it would be a good idea to place the logos on the ends of the rows BEFORESECTION OF END OF ROW LOGOS.pngSIDE 3D VIEW OF END OF ROW SEAT WITH SPACE FOR LOGO OB STANSHION.png I copy them. When I DO copy the rows from one row to another up or down how will I handle the change in elevation, the logo will be at a different elevation than the bottom of the seat and will probably have to be edited separately for each row. I also want to add a row number inside the logo using the 3D TEXT tool that will also have to be edited separately. I am trying to resist using the MORPH tool to create these logos because my project's polygon count is out of hand and slowing things down. In an attempt to have a vertical surface to create the logo plate I built a wall that can be seen in 3D as well as section, and tried to crop that wall into a circular shape to which I can affix the logos you can also see in the section snip shot. Another concern I have is that in one of my stadiums the logo is of The Babe swinging for the fences. I can not simply mirror the logo on one side of the aisle to the other side without turning The Babe into a righty. Can you advise me if I am going down the wrong path to get to the right solution?

13 REPLIES 13

Send me the object and I'll code what you need. It will be a little hacky but not to difficult.

And or we could do a zoom meeting and I can show you how.

I will send you the objects tomorrow, I don't have the capability or the skills to pull off a zoom meeting, but I really appreciate you reaching out to me with this offer. I'll be in touch tomorrow around 9:00. 

Seneca,

Thank you for agreeing to help with this session. Here are some options on how we might be able to communicate, none are perfect. First, my project files and Archicad 20 operating system are housed on a Dell desktop computer that currently does NOT have a camera. Later this year I will be installing one because the end game of this project is to produce a movie to showcase my designs. Second, my son gave me an iPAD 3 years ago and installed the Facetime app which allows me to talk to him that way, and he is the only "guest" on that app. If you wanted me to add you, you would have to walk me through how to do that, however, that iPAD is not equipped with Archicad so you would not be able to teach me the techniques you are talking about. Third, I could provide you with my cell phone number, you could call me, and you could open up these files I'm sending you at the same time I have them open on my computer, and you could give me a play-by-play so that I COULD actually learn how to do this. I am not exactly sure where on the globe you are, but I am guessing it may not be in the U.S. or in a time zone compatible to someone calling you at 9:00 AM EST. Let me know if any of this works for you. 

I am in US, Utah.

with zoom i just send you a link and you click on it and it will take you through installing the app.  you dont need a camera as we would just be talking while i screen share.

Are we trying to create these in v20 or v24?  I would need to install v 20 if thats the goal.

Are you asking what version of Archicad I have, it's 22, or are you talking about the program that allows you to screen share?

Have you decided go with installing v 20 even though I'm not sure what that means. Is there anything I need to be doing to get that link you talked about?

I was referring to Archicad, I'll get 22 installed and then we c an work on a time. Feel free to pm me too

How is the installation going, will we possibly have a session this morning?

It's looking like today is not going to be possible for you. I work from home and will be available all weekend if we can do something then. I am looking forward to working with you.