Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain Wall - How to create a closed CW

alesim
Participant

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum.

I have one problem understanding the Curtain Wall tool in Archicad. I have a floor completely surrounded by a curtain wall so I choose the polygonal insertion mode. When I'm going to close the polygon (a rectangle), profiles don't close nicely. I would have expected a junction like the other ones in the other angles but the beginning and the end of the curtain wall don't close. What could I do to resolve this situation? Searching the internet I didn't find any work out of this problem. Attached you'll find a general image of the whole curtain wall, and a close-up of the start/end of the curtain wall.
Thank you in advance for your patience.

Alessandro

Immagine 2022-01-10 141437.jpgImmagine 2022-01-10 141354.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

create a boundary frame that is 1/2 of the mullion/transom profile. Draw you curtainwall reference line in a counter-clockwise direction and start the pattern somewhere in the middle of one side - not at a corner. Counterclockwise will assist in correctly setting the corners and stating at a mid-point will make all four corners behave.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution

create a boundary frame that is 1/2 of the mullion/transom profile. Draw you curtainwall reference line in a counter-clockwise direction and start the pattern somewhere in the middle of one side - not at a corner. Counterclockwise will assist in correctly setting the corners and stating at a mid-point will make all four corners behave.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1