BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall MORE STRUGGLES… Trapezoid Shape

DaveOlufs
Participant
Before I throw AC17 out the door because every time I work with the curtain wall tool, I absolutely can never get it to do what I perceive the way things are built…

Now in this case, I am trying to do a trapezoid shape, 36 feet wide, 16 feet on the low side and 25 feet on the high side…the slope happens to be a 3/12 pitch. I cannot get rid or delete the exterior, in this case the top frames and the 9 foot high frame on the side.

Is this impossible? I am sure it's possible because I saw someones rendition of the Eiffel Tower using the curtain wall tool. If he can do that, what am I doing wrong?

How do I move, modify, or delete frames, mullions, transoms?

How do I generate this type of storefront view? I'll pull my hair out later trying to install doors that never seem to be right…

Pretty frustrated… How can I do BIM if I can't model?
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
7 REPLIES 7
Eduardo Rolon
You can draw it in elevation using the Boundary method.

See page 12337 of the Reference Guide.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
drawing
Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 9.28.19 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
result
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dave:

In addition to Eduardo's way of creating the Curtain Wall, you can use a fill to edit an existing Curtain Wall boundary, in the Help files see: Virtual Building > Construction Elements > Curtain Wall: A System Tool > Edit Curtain Wall Boundary in Section. I have found this to be an easy wall to edit the boundary as the design changes.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
And you can trim to roof and use that to cut away the unwanted frame.
DaveOlufs
Participant
Thanks everyone… sorry for the frustrated requests, I just can't seem to understand this modeling thing, which make BIM even more remote. I see it in my mind but struggle 3d and I hate to go back to 2d.

Thanks again...
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Eduardo Rolon
Don't worry, most of us went thru something similar at one time or another. Hopefully you will get the hang of it soon.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Learn and get certified!