Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall Tool

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I have seen videos on Youtube where a russian woman demos how to make some funky buildings with the curtain wall tool.

Sadly I do not understand russian so was not able to follow what she does.

Amzing CW Modelling by a russian in russian

What she does appear to do which is something I had not realised you can do is use the Curtain Wall tool in the section window but.... it isn't working for me.

I draw a polyline with the CW tool I click to show it which side is outside, it then asks for placement and dimension sizes I click ok and it disappears!

What am I doing wrong?

TIA
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Dunno, works fine here.

Maybe some modelview option is set to show/hide it?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I still have not got this working and I am stumped. Rather annoying when I managed to do it in the past.

All I want is a curtain wall that can "fold" like the one I did a year ago.

As I remember it I just had to add a node to the reference line of the curtain wall and then relocate the top node to form the"roof" part of the cw

Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
fuzzytnth3:

One way is to draw the CW with a corner in plan, then rotate the CW in the 3D or Section Window.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I have used that method in the past but I think I'm right saying it jiggers up the display of doors within the curtain wall as it rotates them in Door Schedules

Suspect the only thing to do is bodge and wait for ArchiCAD 21
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I just drew that shape in elevation, put a door in the curtainwall, it's on its side.

I don't think you will get the shape you want vertically.

To be sure, which geometry method and plane input method are you using?

Polyline chaine and Use Default Plane?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Erwin wrote:
I don't think you will get the shape you want vertically.
Thats the point, a year ago I was able to modify it in the vertical plane as I described above but now I can not and have to resort to doing an "L" shaped CW in Plan and then rotating it in Elevation.

Previously I drew a straight curtain wall in Plan then in a Section window added a new node to the reference line of the CW and then I adjusted the top node of the CW to the new horizontal position (well technically it forms a slope of 3 degrees to shed rainwater)
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL