Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain Wall - Unable to change Default Surface of Boundary Frame

Daniel
Contributor

On all new and existing curtain walls within this and every other project created using our company template, the boundary frame shows a specific surface (Metal - Structural in our case) even after changing the material and/or surface in the Curtain Wall Frame Settings. (see first screenshot)

I have also tried changing individual segments of the boundary frame using edit mode. (see second screenshot)

I have even tried changing the surface for the building material itself. (see third screenshot)

None of these solutions have worked. This issue has been a problem for our company through different versions of AC and new templates. I hope I'm missing something simple because it has been driving me and our other technicians nuts for a while now.

Some additional info on this project and issue:

All other curtain wall sub-elements seem to be working properly.

The project is in AC25 version 3002 on Windows 10.

The project is a teamwork project with all elements and settings reserved when troubleshooting.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 175141.pngScreenshot 2021-09-16 175235.pngScreenshot 2021-09-16 175404.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

Daniel:

It looks like you are missing the Frames Component Settings Panel from your Curtain Wall Settings > Frames dialog box.

CW Frames Settings.png

Look at Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes > Curtain Wall Frame Tool > Frames Component Settings and see if it is hidden.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rajesh Patil
Expert

Hi, have you checked if same problem occurs even if the same Archicad file is open on some other computer apart from your office. 

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

Daniel:

It looks like you are missing the Frames Component Settings Panel from your Curtain Wall Settings > Frames dialog box.

CW Frames Settings.png

Look at Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes > Curtain Wall Frame Tool > Frames Component Settings and see if it is hidden.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14