BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall - errant line showing in plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using a curtain wall to build an array of 2x4 members spaced 16" o.c., and for some reason there is a line extending off of the end of the run on each side of the porch that it encloses. I did not create the curtain wall, it was built by someone before I got the file. The line extends the width of one of the curtain wall "panels." Could someone tell me how to turn it off?

Bellow is and image of how it displays and a shot of the settings from the element.
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Podolsky
Ace
Have you tried edit mode? Maybe this line represents some element of curtain wall that can be selected and deleted?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I think it is the reference line for the end segment of the curtain wall. I can select the end point in plan and drag to shorten it, but the element (2x4 wood stud) within the segment disappears. I don’t see a setting to show/hide reference line, or similar.

Thanks for your help.
Podolsky
Ace
Hard to say from just preview what it is. If you upload your PLN - maybe I can figure out.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you show a screenshot of the Curtain Wall System page of the Dialog for this Curtain Wall element?
I am specifically interested in the "Nominal Thickness" and "Reference Line Offset" values set for this Curtain Wall.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!