BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall in ARCHICAD 22 Update Preview 4001

DGSketcher
Legend
The curtain wall tool is not forming a clean connection where the top boundary is inclined and the frame classes are different with different priorities. On the attached image the upright has a priority of 12 and the incline has a priority of 16. If the upright can be slant cut then surely the inclined frame should be slant cut to the boundary profile? The same problem occurs with the uprights if the inclined boundary is changed to an invisible division e.g. the uprights aren't cut to the boundary.

It works as expected where the top frame is horizontal.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
DGSketcher wrote:
The curtain wall tool is not forming a clean connection where the top boundary is inclined and the frame classes are different with different priorities. On the attached image the upright has a priority of 12 and the incline has a priority of 16. If the upright can be slant cut then surely the inclined frame should be slant cut to the boundary profile? The same problem occurs with the uprights if the inclined boundary is changed to an invisible division e.g. the uprights aren't cut to the boundary.

It works as expected where the top frame is horizontal.
Hi,

I have checked this and it was working just like this in 3006 as well, so this was not caused by the update. I don't think it is a bug though, it works just like this with any other connection, seems to be more like a limitation - if you want them to connect as a corner they have to have the same priority, otherwise one will run into the other from the side. The one on the top (in my test at least) is not in an angle, it is just perpendicular to the axis of the top frame - like it was running on, and the bottom one touching it from below.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
DGSketcher
Legend
Hi Daniel, It doesn't really matter what we call it, bug, limitation or incomplete programming. The point is the connection is not what is REASONABLY expected. This was a major upgrade feature of the V22 release. Unfortunately the connection scenarios have not been fully considered, the fact it was the same in 3006 doesn't make it acceptable. Please can you move it forward to get it fixed as the curtain wall tool is severely compromised by it's failure to correctly trim the frames to the boundary.

Regards,
Trevor
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
If the railing tool can manage vertical connection scenarios that would look the way dgsketcher is after then it certainly is not a limitation by either a bug or incomplete code, given what the program can do that particular scenario should be either controllable or changed to link properly
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

We contacted DGSketcher, and based on his replies, we let the designers know about these remarks regarding the boundary frames. The tool still works as expected, only it seems like it would be great if boundary frames could have their own set of rules to some extents.

Still, even though it is not automatic, we managed to solve the connection issues in his project with applying some manual settings. I hope you can all keep using the tool with these solutions.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!