Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall not changing panel types

Bruce
Expert
I'm pretty sure this is a bug (23.5005):
I've created a curtain wall with 2 panel types. When I edit the wall and try to change a multiple panels from one type to another, the type changes in the selection, but nothing changes on screen. However, if I do them one by one, they change...sometimes.

The only way I can get them to display right is to manually override the surface...which defeats the purpose of having panel types.

See progress screenshots below.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
18 REPLIES 18
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for sharing the issue!

I tried to replicate this issue on Archicad 23 INT build 5005, but it did not happen (I'm using Windows 10 by the way). I attached a GIF showing what I did with the curtain wall.

Which Archicad language version are you using? Does it happen frequently, or it only happens randomly/from time to time?

Best regards,
Minh

P/s: for some reason, the GIF is not attached to the post. Here it is:

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Bruce
Expert
Hi Minh,

I am using INT 5005 full, on a Mac with Mojave 10.14.6.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Bruce,

I was unable to replicate this issue on macOS 10.14.6. I'm wondering if there is a pattern/method to reproduce this issue? Does the issue happen even with a brand new file?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Bruce
Expert
Yes, the issue happens with a brand new file.

I can reproduce the problem in a new file:
- place a new curtain wall using the template default settings (image 1)
- Select wall and enter Edit mode, select a panel 'column' (image 2)
- Change to either Main Panel, or Distinct Panel (whichever one it isn't) (image 3)
- While keeping the same selection, change the panel type back. Nothing happens. (image 4)

I could not reproduce this problem on my PC, only my Mac.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Bruce,

I tried with the exact steps you mentioned, using AC23 INT 5005 with macOS 10.14.6, but I could not manage to replicate the issue:

Here is a short video about what I did. All was performed using default template.
What I noticed is that, in the 3rd screenshot, when you choose "Main Panel" for the whole column of panels, it appeared to be Distinct, not Main panel (it should be transparent instead of solid surface). I guess something went wrong there.

Could you reproduce the issue and collect the FastLogger (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/63116/) for further investigation?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

tottoratkai
Contributor
I have a similar problem, where door panels appear to be entire with one sole surface, instead of the ones given in the settings. The same happened with earlier Archicad versions. Couldn.t find out the reason yet.
Maybe someone met the problem before?

-------------
ARCHICAD24.5004
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
3,5 GHz Quad-core Intel core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GEForce GTX 780M 4GB
[2021-] Archicad 24 5004 NOR FULL / Mac OS 10.15.7 / 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7 / 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096
[2018-2020]: AC22.6025 Mac10.14.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked the Curtain Wall Model View Options for the View?

tottoratkai
Contributor
Braza wrote:
Have you checked the Curtain Wall Model View Options for the View?

Thanks Braza for replying,

they are checked, too. It.s only this kind of door, when taken from Favourites.
If i just switch to vanilia CW door, i can see the glass. If I make a new type from Favourites, it goes homogenic despite the settings.

Normal door:

New door from favourites:
[2021-] Archicad 24 5004 NOR FULL / Mac OS 10.15.7 / 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7 / 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096
[2018-2020]: AC22.6025 Mac10.14.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok... Check if there is any Material Override inside the panel itself.
What is the exact name of the CW Door? I just have the INT version.