Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Walls - Edits in 3D

Greg D
Participant
I have been working with curtain walls and need some help resolving the Selection Settings/Scheme/Preview with the 3D view. I created a curtain wall with a door at one end. I then added a panel (E) in the Selection Settings/Scheme window.

When I switch back to the 3D window, to door is in the wrong location, and there are standard panels where the doors is supposed to be.

I am confused, as I am clearly doing something wrong but cannot figure out what.

I have attached an image to describe this sequence, for any one who can help?!

Thanks!
Greg Danskin - Architect
http://www.danskinarchitecture.com

AC 19/20/21
iMac Retina 5K, 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
OS 10.13.4 High Sierra
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It may be that you need to define your Scheme first and then customize the panels. Changing a panel to a Door qualifies as customization.
When you modify the Scheme, ArchiCAD has to regenerate the whole Curtain Wall structure and I am not sure that any frame or panel customization can be preserved.
This is why it is good practise to set the Scheme, and then customize it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Greg D
Participant
Thanks Lazlo.

I notice you also lose a door if you create a curtain wall with a door, then stretch it to conceal the door, and then stretch back, the door is magically gone.

It seems you have to know what you want before you create it. It would be great to be able to modify in 3D, with a way to control the specific dimensions while in 3D.

Also being able to have the 3D window display the changes on the fly without exiting the dialogue window. But I digress to wish-list...

Thanks again for your help.
Greg Danskin - Architect
http://www.danskinarchitecture.com

AC 19/20/21
iMac Retina 5K, 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
OS 10.13.4 High Sierra