Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain wall / Door central line not visible in elevation

corminbo
Contributor

Hello,

I have a  door in curtain wall but the central line between the doors doesn't appear in elevation. (see image below)

Does somebody know how to solve this issue?

Thank you,

Fab

CURTAIN WALL CENTRAL LINE DOOR.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Sorry I have forgot to add that you might have to explore 3D script and find where CALL "sash....." text exist and add same spacing if your door panel uses different called sash macro. I did attached below "before" and "after" elevations of door I have change in this example.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 17.09.17.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-01 at 17.10.20.png

user since A3

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jman
Booster

Unfortunately some of default Archicad doors are scripted without gap between panels and if they are made from the same material with the same surface, then line between them is gone on elevation.

Work around is to add 0.01º 3D opening angle and that will show the line. Other ways are: to model your own custom panel with gap or script the door in GDL

If you decide to script door panels you might find very hard navigating Door macros. There is plenty of them and hard to navigate. Some of them are using maximum number of parameters 1024 so there is no room for any additions, If you get dipper into script you might find Cold War leftovers like bunker door and bunker handle.

It is time for new door tool without this overcomplicated old system impossible to navigate without huge bag of bread crumbs, but this is for another long discussion. 

Good luck Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 12.59.51.png

user since A3

Lol this is why I wrote my own doors.

Are your doors for sale? 🙂

Another work around is to just draw 2D lines on the elevation.  We typically do this in the door schedule since the 'View from Opening Side' field in the schedule has an integrated annotation layer that you can access to pretty up your doors.  I'd much rather have a better door tool though...

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)

Actually they are free.

Jman
Booster

I guess you might like a bit more permanent solution than drawing lines in schedule and on elevations. So if you are brave enough to open GDL CW panels, here is what will make this line showing in 3D, 2D and in schedules without changing 3D opening angle

1. In Menu File / Library and Objects / Open Object. from Archicad Library 25 or whatever version you using in this case CW Double Door 25.gsm

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 17.06.43.png

2. Open 3D script and go to line 545. there is original addx sash_x add behind -0.001 that will offset panels and live gap between them

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 17.07.25.png

3. Save this object with different name in Embedded library and replace original with this new one

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 17.08.01.png

image.png

Your door should have now permanent gap between panels

user since A3
Solution

Sorry I have forgot to add that you might have to explore 3D script and find where CALL "sash....." text exist and add same spacing if your door panel uses different called sash macro. I did attached below "before" and "after" elevations of door I have change in this example.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 17.09.17.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-01 at 17.10.20.png

user since A3
corminbo
Contributor

Hello Jman,

Until Graphisoft fixes this issue, this script edition will be the "standard" to have good elevation drawings.

Thank you for your help and have a great day : )

Fab

Thanks Jman - the scripted solution is much appreciated!

AC 23 | INTEL i9-9900 64GB RAM| NVIDIA QUADRO P1000 4 GB GDDR5 |WIN 10
USER SINCE AC 19