BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain wall edit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I am wondering why can't I editing curtain wall boundary in a section or elevation view? just can do that in 3D. view. Seems like everything is locked. but I can edit the other things like frames and panels. But not the scheme. the only thing I can do in the scheme is moving it.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Hello Zhihao 1990,

Each type of view allows access to specific and appropriate commands. The interest is not to edit the object despite either. In a sectional or elevation view, it is possible (in some cases) that the curtain wall is partially visible. Editing it via this type of view therefore involves a risk. Different views are also tools that should be used correctly to get the best result. For example, a point of a mesh can be configured in 3D relative to another point (subjectively) or in 2D with a precise altitude coordinate. Two views = two objectives for the same logic > the best result !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
Hello Zhihao 1990,

Each type of view allows access to specific and appropriate commands. The interest is not to edit the object despite either. In a sectional or elevation view, it is possible (in some cases) that the curtain wall is partially visible. Editing it via this type of view therefore involves a risk. Different views are also tools that should be used correctly to get the best result. For example, a point of a mesh can be configured in 3D relative to another point (subjectively) or in 2D with a precise altitude coordinate. Two views = two objectives for the same logic > the best result !
Thanks for your reply, I totally understand what you mean. But how come in some case you will be able to edit the boundary via a section or elevation, and how come in this case it is uneditable? that's something i am so confused about.
Learn and get certified!