Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain wall panel reference line

SarahA
Participant

I am drawing a suspended ceiling using the curtain wall tool. How can I change the reference line from the middle of the panel to the blue line as shown below? In the settings I can only change the blue line which still gives me wrong height of the ceiling because it's linked to the line that is in the middle of the panel.

SarahA_1-1668014852793.png

SarahA_2-1668014976654.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

It's a challenge because each curtain wall placed is its own element to be edited.

I believe that some frame and panel classes have a polygon (Resolution) parameter that can be lowered. The PolyCount Tool in Goodies may be able to help you there. If you have identical curtainwall elements they should be hotlinked wherever feasible.

Hope that helps.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

try setting the nominal thickness to zero. this should let you place the reference line where you want to.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Did that but still can't change the reference line. The ceiling is drawn where it should be but I need the height to be 2700 instead of 2710. 

SarahA_0-1668016123425.png

forgot that you're making a ceiling. Sorry. Play with the length of the reference line in the 3D window to get what you want.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Thank you for your reply! I managed to change the thickness and position of the panels to get the right height but I'll try what you said as well. 

The model, however, has become so slow because of all the curtain walls now. Do you know if there's a way to fix that so that the file is not so heavy? 

Solution

It's a challenge because each curtain wall placed is its own element to be edited.

I believe that some frame and panel classes have a polygon (Resolution) parameter that can be lowered. The PolyCount Tool in Goodies may be able to help you there. If you have identical curtainwall elements they should be hotlinked wherever feasible.

Hope that helps.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Perfect! Thanks a lot! 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Also, in the Model View Options Dialog you can set the display detail level for Curtain Walls to Full , Simplified, or Schematic to find the best option that gives you good performance. Then, when you need to you can switch back to Full detail level.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Tried it and it helped as well! Thank you!