BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain wall resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have a question how or where to set Curtain wall resolution at fillet corners. Well, I know curtain wall consist of segments and no curved profile available, however looking for an alternative way similar than in case of shell tool when registry keys can allows us to increase the resolution of shell faces. Is there similar method to get a higher resolution curtain wall?

Currently railings are tested with different add-ons and curtain wall also can be a possible tool to create railings.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, there is no such setting.
When I faced this situation what I did is I placed several new vertical Grid Lines into the rightmost panel to be able to approximate the curve. It will create Frames along those grid lines but you can easily delete those frames.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
No, there is no such setting.
When I faced this situation what I did is I placed several new vertical Grid Lines into the rightmost panel to be able to approximate the curve. It will create Frames along those grid lines but you can easily delete those frames.
Do you mean edit Grid Lines (aka Scheme) manually? I set vertical Grid consistency to 20 mm that gave a decent result of the corner (however I also got other tones of Mullions on the other side of the wall).
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, redefine the Grid Lines spacing in the Schemes page of the Curtain Wall Settings Dialog so its resolution is low enough to give an adequate result at the corner.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!