Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtainwall Corner AC26

TJ Admin
Booster

I wonder if there is a way to clean up the corner of a Curtainwall, like the two options below. Or will a custom frame do that? But then what should the custom frame look like?

CW1.jpg

I want the corner to present like any of these:

Screenshot 2022-10-21 094354.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

So long as the 2 frames touch ...

BarryKelly_0-1666341199717.png

I think you can also change the frame to a corner frame in the settings, but I don't use curtain walls all that much so I'm not 100% sure.

In the HELP menu, go to the Archicad YouTube channel and search for curtain wall videos.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly wrote:

So long as the 2 frames touch ...

BarryKelly_0-1666341199717.png

I think you can also change the frame to a corner frame in the settings, but I don't use curtain walls all that much so I'm not 100% sure. mapquest directions

In the HELP menu, go to the Archicad YouTube channel and search for curtain wall videos.

Barry.

Thank you very much. Now it works.

No such function in AC26.  And I just want the glass (or panel) to join at the corner. Thanks for your input. My curtain wall is one object and not split as you suggest. See the image I posted...

That command is definitely in 26 - you may need to check your menus in the Work Environment.

You may not be using a standard WE, in which case you will need to add the command or switch to a standard WE.

I am not a curtain wall expert.

It seems you can have a common frame at the corner (you can even make the frame invisible).

But it seems the panel can not mitre.

Unless someone can show us how to do it.

I am assuming it is a butt-glazed connection you are after?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11