Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtainwall Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having issues using the curtainwall tool and inserting a fixed sized door. When placing a door of a fixed size, is the only way to make sure that the door is a standard size to adjust the mullions prior to placing the door? Also there seems to be no way to have a door ID in a door placed within a curtainwall. I would have hoped by now there would be improvements made to the curtainwall tool.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
just hope is what remains.
this tool is almost useless since there is no more doors and window types, or easy way or even a tutorial how to create custom doors or windows for curtain wall.

This is half finished tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
mzex wrote:
just hope is what remains.
this tool is almost useless since there is no more doors and window types, or easy way or even a tutorial how to create custom doors or windows for curtain wall.

This is half finished tool.
That is what I was afraid of... Great thought but poor implementation!
Anonymous
Not applicable
A work-around we do is we subtract the door area from the curtain wall scheme, model a wall within the CW to fit the opening and place an AC door in that wall. The door can then be configured to look like a storefront door and be part of door labeling and schedules along with other AC doors. The downside is if the door size or location has to change, it's a bit of double work needing to reconfigure the CW and wall/door.