BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curved Billboard?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I intend to cover the facade of my structure with vines. This facade is curved. Finding or creating a 3d model is very difficult at this point therefore i opted to use a vine png. With this png I intend to use the billboards feature to place them into archicad. Is it possible to curve the billboards to achieve the desired look. Any alternative would be welcomed. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Use a curved wall, object or morph and set it up with a new surface material with the texture applied to it. Allign the texture so it fits nicely.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
The standard Archicad Hedge object has a "bended" setting (I think that means "curved"). This would create lots of polygons though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
...And the Hedge #1591 object from Cadimage's objects (not sure if its free to download or for Select members only) can be curved in plan AND along its length vertically.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @s2art. If I'd like to have a vine with flowers all id have to do is change the hedge's surface to one with flowers?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Both of these hedge objects are made up of individual leaves. If you made the leaf diameter quite large and used a surface material with a leafy image with flowers, and transparency where there is no leaf, you could get good results with not too many polygons
Learn and get certified!