Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curved corner roof?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have made this roof house in archicad. How can i place the gutter or something to retain water in archicad along the curved line? (left side of the picture)
How is this roof called, with one slope but rounded, i can't find it on internet.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend
I would expect that there would be some kind of flashing/ edge upstand added to the roof material to divert rain water down to the gutter at the bottom edge. It may depend on local building practices as to how it is best done to suit the climate.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
drexdis wrote:
Hello,

I have made this roof house in archicad. How can i place the gutter or something to retain water in archicad along the curved line? (left side of the picture)
How is this roof called, with one slope but rounded, i can't find it on internet.

Thanks
Did you figure out something for this yet?

What your after is probably a sloped and curved fascia/flashing of some kind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpkQIQ7RiW4

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
drexdis wrote:
Hello,

Thanks
Did you figure out something for this yet?

What your after is probably a sloped and curved fascia/flashing of some kind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpkQIQ7RiW4
No, i didn't yet. Thank you for your video
Barry Kelly
If you are having trouble modelling it then image the problems the poor guy is going to have trying to build it.
The builder will have the same trouble following a sloping curve as you are.
Maybe more trouble - remember he is dealing with physical materials.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
If you are having trouble modelling it then image the problems the poor guy is going to have trying to build it.
The builder will have the same trouble following a sloping curve as you are.
Maybe more trouble - remember he is dealing with physical materials.

Barry.
Yes Barry, but it can't be the first curved roof built in the world