BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom CMU Blocks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

First time posting here, but I have a modeling problem I need solved and not sure the best way to go about it.

Trying to create a new cmu wall type with a specific wall pattern. We are using the angelus hi-lite mark I cmu block. It has a triangular extrusion on one face.

Now is this possible to create a wall type, so I can draw a wall like any other but with this type of cmu block?
2 REPLIES 2
Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi Rivera89,

Unless you will model the whole building to US LOD400, which is quiet extreme I don't think that you have to consider modelling every independent block.

But what you can do is to give it the thickness of an equivalent CMU with a specific line type on on of the wall sides to accommodate those triangular faces, and a texture that have this particular effect on rendering.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Nader Belal
Mentor
Also, if you intend to create some details (no the whole building)

You can model your CMU model with Morph tool
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Learn and get certified!