BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Components

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to make a custom door panel. I know how to do it, but when I go to save it, File->Librairies and Objects->Save Selection as Library Part.......I do not have the Save Selection As Library Part option. Its not in my drop down list. I reloaded the libary but its still not there. Am I missing something here? Have searched the forums but no luck. Help!

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Karl Ottenstein
See:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40581

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40025

Tip: the best search (for about a week or two now) is the Site Search box on the Wiki at the upper left of the page:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/FrontPage

It searches ac-talk, the Wiki and Graphisoft web site.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.
I have managed to get it to work but when I try to add the saved part, the custom panel option is blank. Not sure whats going on here. I have reloaded the library but that doesnt seem to make a difference. I need to figure this out because I use custom door panels and grill work on windows fairly regularly. Any ideas here? I am moving from V11 to V16 and trying to get up to speed. I know some things are different, but this one is driving me crazy

Thanks.
Karl Ottenstein
paultp wrote:
Ok.
I have managed to get it to work but when I try to add the saved part, the custom panel option is blank.
You must save it as a 'door leaf' (see attached) for it to appear in the pop-up list for the panel type 'Custom Panel'. Worked fine for me just now.

Is that the problem?
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Something is missing on my menu. I have the Save Selection as Library Part but in the drop down all I have showing is Object. I have none of the other options you are showing. How do I add these to my menu? I looked at the Work Env. and didnt see them there. Maybe I just missed them or does that come from somewhere else?
Karl Ottenstein
paultp wrote:
Something is missing on my menu. I have the Save Selection as Library Part but in the drop down all I have showing is Object. I have none of the other options you are showing. How do I add these to my menu? I looked at the Work Env. and didnt see them there. Maybe I just missed them or does that come from somewhere else?
See one of the two linked threads in my first reply - the steps are given there. The problem with bringing an old WE into a new version of AC is that you do not get all of the new commands unless you carefully modify your WE.

I used to modify my old WE for menus and several versions ago gave up and started fresh with the new menus and just changed the few things that I've customized. (Each scheme in the WE is separate - so you can still bring in your old shortcuts, for example.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your input Karl. After much head banging and wasted time, finally got it to work. I didnt really understand at first to just start over with the built in WE and then customize that. That works just fine. Now to try and make up some time......

Thanks again.
Karl Ottenstein
Glad you got it going, Paul.

Another WE tip: as long as you have saved (store button) each scheme in your own WE... and then export your WE to some place in your file system, you can then merrily switch back and forth between any standard WE and your own without any fear of losing your customized WE.

Little pet peeve of mine related to what you're doing is that they call the custom component a 'door leaf' and yet the term inside the door tool's setting is 'door panel'. Both are correct, but I think it would make more sense to more people if the terms were identical.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Pet Peeve #442

Why... simple things need to be so difficult...

Who ever told GS that everyone wants all the oBJECTS INSIDE the file they're working on...?

So an hour to flip back and forth and try to achieve the SAVE SELECTION AS.... door leaf...

only to find that it ONLY lets me SAVE as an EMBEDDED OBJECT... This is just LUDICROUS... I have three projects that need the same door panel (which, btw, should be a STANDARD OPTION / High and Low Louvers).....

Why can I NOT save to my LINKED library? Am I the only one who feels this way? (wouldn't be the first time!)...

Am I doing something wrong?
DoorLeafWOES.jpg
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Pet Peeve #443

Why can't the Door (or Window) MAIN OBJECT pass the MATERIAL parameters to the CUSTOM DOOR LEAVES (or window panel)?

Now that AC has SCRIPTED materials when saving objects from the plan, it would be a piece of cake to edit the list to transfer one variable to the leaf variable...

But alas, I guess these leaves are supposed to so CUSTOM, they should only have the materials you modeled them with.....

Ugh...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!