Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Door Material

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,

So I have finally went from ArchiCad 20 to 23, and I am having one issue, with the custom door material edit, I and trying to set a glass sliding door with black frame and clear glass leaf and the model outputs gives me a solid door, (see attached image below), is this a common issue, is there a way I can fix this issue I want the results shown in to preview with the black frame wrapping around the glass.

Thanks in advanced,
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Simple.CAD_Monkey:

Check the Model View Options (MVO) > Detail Level of Door, Window and Skylight Symbols (ArchiCAD Library 23) > Door > 3D and Section/Elevation > Full.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
If you have created a custom door panel by "Save as door leaf", then you have no control of the materials of that leaf through the door object settings, even if the override MVO settings is on.
You need to save the door panel with the correct materials in the first place.

Was briefly mentioned here, and I am sure in other posts as well.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68143&p=302966&hilit=custom+door+leaf+mater...

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
A wish for modifiable materials used with custom sub-components.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=61786&p=284220&hilit=material#p284220

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660