Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom GDL objects for FREE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each month Master Script will make a customized ArchiCAD object completely free of charge! You can send in your request and each month one of them will be developed by Master Script.
The ArchiCAD object will be available on the website http://www.masterscript.nl and it will be posted on the Object-Depository of Archi-Talk.

Send your request via the contact form (http://www.masterscript.nl/9403/index.html). State clearly what the object should do and how the representation should be in different views.
Leave your e-mail address for any communications about the object.
102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
"Casework = cabinetry as in kitchen cabinets"
Yes true, but much, much more here. (Calif)
Actually we use the term casework to refer to all kinds of finish carpentry.
Oddly, would generally not use the term casework to refer to the kitchen cabinets directly, but they certainly are a sub category of casework.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

i'm looking for a trimless light GDL for Archicad 13

DELTA LIGHT - Trimless 4

if possible :

1. To choose how many light (1, 2, 3, or a square of 4 or 4 in line)
2. To choose materials for mirror, light, inside (black,white,aluminium)
3. To set on/off the border (size custom?) and set materials (black,white,aluminium)

DELTA LIGHT - Trimless 4 with Border

4. add real Archicad light stuff? 😉 lol

Thank a lot dude.

Nix
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
I have updated the object in the depository.
changes:
-Overhead linetype
-editable hotspots
-Basic shapes detaillevel
-12-version: scale sensitivity
Can we expect 2d/3d/section with fill/pen/linetype full control?
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Master wrote:
I have started a new topic on the registering idea here. The discussion about the object depository here.
Is the second link correct? It points to a roof window topic. Is this what you meant?
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Zsolt: discussion on the Object Depository:
-"App-store"
-Multi language GDL
-Revamp like MyArchiCAD

This is an example how ArchiCAD users are struggling to find the right objects Velux

NOTE: 4 days till next pick of Custom GDL objects for FREE. Post your request here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
For the month of december I have chosen for a railing object requested by mr Briggs.

He asked for a stretchable railing where the offset is static an the number of post are determined by the object. I have some questions about this request:
-what do the posts, endposts, rails look like?
-what kind of shape do these elements have?
-what is the floorplan representation?
-any other information you would like to share?

Meanwhile you can all post new requests for next month free custom objects here.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Master wrote:
For the month of december I have chosen for a railing object requested by mr Briggs.
Thanks MS, I'm excited to hear this, but please call me Geoff. Mr Briggs is my father.
He asked for a stretchable railing where the offset is static an the number of post are determined by the object. I have some questions about this request:
I would use a GS part as point of comparison. I recently used Rail Post with Balusters 12 from the US library. In the railing pictured I had to calculate the number of posts and balusters, and then fiddle with the parameters for every segment, and following every change. It was that experience that prompted my request. I hope for a railing that uses rules so that it can be stretched infinitely. Rules would be like:
End offset (rail end to 1st post)
Bottom rail offset
Post spacing
Baluster spacing
(The last two could have both min and max values)

To your specific questions:
-what do the posts, endposts, rails look like?
-what kind of shape do these elements have?
-what is the floorplan representation?
All the parts could be rectangular to start, but Posts, Rails, Balusters and Top Rail will all need separate dimension and material settings.

For myself the floor plan view can simply be the projected top view, although other users might need it to be cut by the FPCP.

I would like to hear what others think
Rail Post w Balusters_US Lib.png
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
I recently used Rail Post with Balusters 12 from the US library
Would you be helped if I modified this object instead of creating a new one? All features of the original object will stay.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:"I would like to hear what others think"
Well, since you asked, great request.
How about;
1. Bottom rail being adjustable as top rail.
2. Bottom rail allowed to be offset so that balusters
can go to the bottom of it, and beyond, as post can be
extended.
3. Option for second rail below top rail (2x4) on edge, (we do this a lot).
4. "Mushroom" cap possible on top of top rail in case wanting to use object
as a stair rail.
5. How about a turn down of top rail (along with mushroom) at beginning
and end points, (kinda a nice touch for stairs), we do this a lot also)
with being able to vary angle cuts at bottom of turn down.

Hope this makes some sense and I did not miss the obvious.
Guess I got carried away.
Lot to suggest I would assume, especially not being my idea in the first place.
Sorry about that!
lec
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Master wrote:
Would you be helped if I modified this object instead of creating a new one? All features of the original object will stay.
I certainly don't mind how it's built as long as it works well. Although I must say that I prefer if you avoid macros. They are useful and necessary for door and window libraries but for most objects they make editing and modifications overly complicated.

As for lec's suggestions, I like them. I usually favor more options and more flexibility even at the risk of long or confusing parameter lists.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x