Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Knob Missing when re-open the file

Eddie W
Contributor

Hi All,

I created several custom knobs and applied to the cabinets successfully in the same file.  The custom knobs are saved in the Embedded Library and work properly when applied first time.

However, after closing and re-opening the file, all the custom knobs are missing in 2D and 3D. I can still see the custom knobs .gsm inside the Embedded Library.  But in the cabinet object selection setting, there is nothing under the custom knob name.

I am using Archicad 25 on Window 11. Any help will be highly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

Each of the knobs have different GUIDs? This can be seen by using the "Open by object subtype..." menu option.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Yes, each have different GUIDs.

As you can see below, the custom knob shown on the selection list after created and applied on the cabinet.  Then I saved and closed the file.

When I open the same file again, the custom knob still inside the Embedded Library.  However, it no longer appears on the selection and missing on the cabinet.After saved, the custom knob appeared on the selection list.After saved, the custom knob appeared on the selection list.Successfully applied in cabinet.Successfully applied in cabinet.The custom knob disappeared on the selection list.The custom knob disappeared on the selection list.Custom knob missing.Custom knob missing.

Anyone experience similar problem?

Lingwisyer
Guru

If that list is populated in the same way as the custom door leafs, it might be similar to the issue in this thread.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Thanks Lingwisyer.  However, Barry's suggestion doesn't help.  That two fields in parameter are empty after saving as knob.  Same issue remains.