BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Knob is always 10 cm wide

Dalius
Enthusiast
Hi guys!
Has anyone tried to create a knob for the kitchen cabinet? No matter what size it was modeled, after choosing Custom, your knob becomes 10 cm wide. As you can see in the attached example, the knobs were either flattened or stretched.

Is this a bug that appears in all versions of ARCHICAD (I tried it with AC 20, 21, 22, 23) and does not bother anyone?!
Dalius Regelskis
AC user since version 6.0
http://archicad-pamokos.lt
9 REPLIES 9
Lingwisyer
Guru
Settings => All Parameters => Knob => Custom Knob Length

Why these settings do not become available within the Knob settings is one of the many questions to ask GS...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Dalius
Enthusiast
Lingwisyer,
Many thanks for your prompt response! I tried it and it really works, great!
Of course, it is tiring each time to specify the length, height, and depth of your knob. That should be done automatically. But as you say, it is one of the many questions to ask GS
Dalius Regelskis
Barry Kelly
I guess it is like when you create a custom door panel for a door frame.
The door will always stretch to suit the size of the frame - no matter what size you created the panel.

Same with the knob.
No matter what size you create it, it will always be stretched to suit the knob size specified in the cabinet object.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dalius
Enthusiast
Barry,
In this case, as Lingwisyer rightly noticed, these settings (length, height, depth) should be available in the Knob settings. They are now "hidden" in the All Parameters section.
On the other hand, there is no unified logic here. If you save your model as a Handle instead of a Knob and insert it into the Door, it will automatically be the correct size (without the ability to edit).
Dalius Regelskis
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I agree that this could be more user-friendly, so I will report this to Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dalius wrote:
Barry,
In this case, as Lingwisyer rightly noticed, these settings (length, height, depth) should be available in the Knob settings. They are now "hidden" in the All Parameters section.
On the other hand, there is no unified logic here. If you save your model as a Handle instead of a Knob and insert it into the Door, it will automatically be the correct size (without the ability to edit).
Dear Dalius,

Thank you very much for raising this issue and I am very sorry about the issue!

I have entered your remark as a wish into our Wish List database (please refer to it as DEF-1561). I hope that, our Product Management team will consider to implement it in the future!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
continuing on the topic of handles/knobs... when creating custom door handles...is there a way to override the position of the handles reagrding the door leaf thickness? I have custom door panel with irregular thickness...the handle places itselt autmatically according the the thickness of the leaf set in the settings...however my custom leaf is 100mm at the bottom and only 50mm where the handle is... I get a nasty 50 mm gap...
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
DGSketcher
Legend
Could you select "None" for the door handle and include a handle in the custom door leaf model to get around the problem?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
DGSketcher wrote:
Could you select "None" for the door handle and include a handle in the custom door leaf model to get around the problem?
Yes but that's not accepted . I've done some really funny door leafs many years ago. Think it was mail boxes integrated in the door leaf.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Learn and get certified!