Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Symbol fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried making a custom symbol fill as instructed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCsR3c2Em5E

It worked fine on a different file, however only the hotspots are showing up on this new file. Any idea what I am doing wrong??

Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 8.43.04 PM.png
13 REPLIES 13
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Looks like it may be a scale issue. Are they hotspots or are they really tiny fills? I'd check the scale of the window you created them in. Try making it 1:1 and recreate your fill.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's where I am confused. I started on a view map with scale 1/4"=1'. Drew a 1'x1' box, used polylines to create the symbol fill, added the hotspots, exploded it, copied, and pasted it into the new fill types/symbol fill window. An still all that is showing are the the hotspots rather than the polylines. after i pasted it in for the 5th time or so i played with the preview zoom- no change. Not sure whats going on with it.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Try changing the scale from quarter inch ( 1:48 ) to 1:1 and recreate your fill.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
tried it… still isn't working. I have no idea what's going on now
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Did you recreate the fill from scratch in the 1:1 window?

I wonder if you have copied anything extra or if the extents of your curves are affecting what is copy/pasted.

If you select them, then hit zoom to selection, does ArchiCAD zoom right up to your selection only?

Sorry, it's Christmas Day and I don't have ArchiCAD in front of me.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for helping... still not sure whats going on. i even tried a smaller module... no good.
pbg
Booster

Howdy,

I made a super basic fill (two lines, 4 hot spots for the corners of the boundary). Drew it @ full scale, copied it, and created a new symbol fill. Paste everything in, lines and hotspots appear fine. However, when I use the fill, the hotspots are visible in the fill when printed... Any ideas as to why this is happening? What am I missing?

Thanks so much!

Screenshot 2022-06-28 185734.pngScreenshot 2022-06-28 185823.pngScreenshot 2022-06-28 185948.png
AC 26 USA (latest build) - Windows 11 - Intel i7 - 64 GB Ram - NVIDIA RTX A4000

Maybe try without the hotspots.

Just use 3 lines in the fill.

It will create the same pattern.

BarryKelly_0-1656468933400.png

In fact the fill will start with a full batten rather than half a batten.

BarryKelly_1-1656469026551.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Rock on Barry!!! Thank you!

Yes, that will certainly work for this application. Any ideas as to why the hotspots are showing up though? Hotspots don't show up (printed) in my published drawings or elsewhere on my documents, only when I am making custom fills (as far as I know)...

Thanks again, that's amazing!

AC 26 USA (latest build) - Windows 11 - Intel i7 - 64 GB Ram - NVIDIA RTX A4000