BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom cabinet door not appearing in list

HelenEc
Participant

Hello!

I would greatly appreciate any tips you might have regarding a custom cabinet door I have created that does not appear in the list you get in the cabinet object's settings. The custom cabinet door is in the embedded library. I've attached a couple of screenshots. I'm working with Archicad 25. Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 5.25.39 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-09 at 5.26.21 PM.png
6 REPLIES 6

Have you clicked the little black arrow next to the empty box beneath ‘Custom Panel’ on the right hand side of your palette? That should let you select the custom panel you wish to use from your embedded library. 

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 5.25.39 PM.png

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately nothing appears when I click on the little arrow. I ended up deleting some large items from the embedded library and it now works! Go figure!

BrunoH
Expert

Did you save your objet as a "Cabinet door" type object, if not it will not appear in the list.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

That would suggest an guID conflict. Open the object and try clearing the coll_guid parameter. It has been known to cause issues with door panels.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Thank you for your reply! I had saved it as a "Cabinet door" type... I ended up deleting a lot of things from the embedded library and it helped, the custom cabinet appeared!

Thank you so much for your reply! I will try it!!

Learn and get certified!