BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Custom curved opening for a window

Anonymous
Not applicable
To create a custom window I use that WALLHOLE id trick to make an opening. The problem is that all the arcs forming the outilne of the opening are approximated to a segmented polylines. And there's an ugly section as a result.

Is there a way to make a smooth opening?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Been a while since I worked with this code, but basically open the custom window script (CTRL+SHIFT+O), go in to 3D script and search for the WALLHOLE statement.

You should see something like: WALLHOLE n, 1 (where n = the number of polygon nodes of your shape) followed by a whole list of coordinate statements, that will most likely all end with '15'. This 15 is of interest as it is the status code that controls that you see a surface and an edge on all sides. I think if you change these to 8, it will only show a surface and no edges, but anything from 8 - 14 can be tried.

Maybe someone who scripts objects more often can give a better answer than trial and error.

I do remember that you need allways at least 1 edge showing.

The GDL Reference Guide (available from the help menu), is generally very concise and informative for these sort of things.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Been a while since I worked with this code, but basically open the custom window script (CTRL+SHIFT+O), go in to 3D script and search for the WALLHOLE statement.

You should see something like: WALLHOLE n, 1 (where n = the number of polygon nodes of your shape) followed by a whole list of coordinate statements, that will most likely all end with '15'. This 15 is of interest as it is the status code that controls that you see a surface and an edge on all sides. I think if you change these to 8, it will only show a surface and no edges, but anything from 8 - 14 can be tried.

Maybe someone who scripts objects more often can give a better answer than trial and error.

I do remember that you need allways at least 1 edge showing.

The GDL Reference Guide (available from the help menu), is generally very concise and informative for these sort of things.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot Erwin!
Found that 13 works best of all since it keeps the outer edges.
Here is a list of all codes in case someone needs it one day.
Learn and get certified!