BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom curved window glazing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am trying to build a curved window that is a window object that works into the window schedule. It is a curved glass panel spanning floor to ceiling with supports at window jambs on either side.

A couple of ideas I had:
- make an empty window at the right spot with the correct window number. Add the window plan detail and information manually in the window schedule

- Make a custom window / curtain wall. I'm not sure if a custom curved window / curtain wall is possible

- Turn it into an object and work with IFC scheduling to make it appear in the window schedule.

curved glazing.JPG
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to add that I am using Archicad 20. 5025 USA
matjashka
Enthusiast
Your approach with scheduling a dummy window would be OK except you'll have a hard time extracting the dimensions that actually matter.

What do you need on the schedule? A window is typically WxH, yours is more like W1xW2xHxr where "r" could be the corner radius.

You could try to classify the 3 walls that create the window pane as (3) separate sections of the entire thing and that Element Classification will place them on a schedule with properly defined Criteria. Dimensions of a Wall will not be in the same schedule column as dimensions of a window, because these parameters are entirely different.

BTW, I don't see it rolled, delivered and installed as one piece but I live further West from you...

As far as the plan marker goes, you shouldn't have a problem with some workaround.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Learn and get certified!