Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom door frame size and leaf offset?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to model interior doors for a residence and am having the following goals and haven't found a way to pull it off using either the standard doors or cadimage doors.
1. There should be a wide frame or trim around the door that has a depth thicker than the wall.
2. The leaf should be centered within this frame.
3. The header of the frame is wider than the jambs of the frame.

What I have tried: standard door
1. I can achieve the wide frame of varying sizes using the frame and using the depth I can make it thicker than the wall. I can offset the frame using the reveal but I cannot offset the door leaf to be centered within the frame. It stays at the edge of the frame and affects interior elevations, plan, and 3D views.
2. I can achieve the wide frame of varying sizes using the frame This time I set the depth to 0 and used casing to create the frame. Again, I can offset the frame using the reveal and because the depth is 0 the leaf is centered. I adjust the casing thickness so that it extends beyond the wall. The trouble is the exterior casing is limited to less than what I need for some reason that I can not find.I can't have the casing different between the two sides.
Cadimage door:
1. There are all the settings I need to adjust the offset for the leaf but I cannot set the head of the door frame to be different from the jamb. I also tried to do this with casing but found the same problem. I can set exterior trim but the interior trim only has one size that it uses for the width all the way around.

Here are some images. I can provide more if anyone has an idea. I am thinking we might have to model the doors and frames all as independent elements with complex profiles around the doors.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kurt,

I think you can achieve what you are after using the pivot door

Scott