BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Customizing the kitchen cabinets

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to change the upper drawer hight in the kitchen cabinets (Casework 13)?.
They come with 5 1/4"H. and I need them to be 6"H.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
fransole:

This might be managed if you are willing to fool around with the scripts. For example, for the object Cabinet Base 1D 13, in the Master Script at Line 20 is the code:
if bDrawer then
	drawer_h=0.13
else
	drawer_h=0
endif
Where bDrawer is the parameter variable for turning on the drawer, and drawer_h is the height (0.13 is metric, so the Imperial equivalent is 5.12"). You could simply substitute 6" for 0.13 (if you use the feet and inch indicators, ArchiCAD will interpret the measure as Imperial rather than metric). If you wanted to make the drawer height parametric you could add the drawer_h as the variable for a new parameter in the main library part window and alter the Master Script.

This is from taking a brief look at this part and I have not tested it beyond a simple substitution, so I don't know if there are other parts of the object affected by this change.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David.

I haven't played around with scripts yet but this will be a good chance to get in to it. Thank you so much.
F.S.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
fransole:

This is a good exercise for getting your feet wet with GDL. It is a small specific change you are making, and the solution can be simple (hard coded dimension) or parametric (more complex but allows wider use). Post your result and maybe Graphisoft will use this in a future library revision .

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Well, it is 2012, AC15, still no change. Good thing I did not hold my breath!
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!