Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cut Fills not showing

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK this sounds like the most basic of questions but I cannot seem to get my sections to show a fill.

I am just experimenting with how I wish for them to look on the construction docs and applying a cut fill to any element is not working, the fill line seems to have a weight applied. I have the vectorial hatching on the view menu if that means anything.

What setting am I missing here?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
This Forum can be dissapointing at times.

OK I will presume it is my fault in the description and not viewers of the question rolling there eyes in the obviousness of the answer.

When one applies a cut fill to a wall, slab, or roof-lets say 50% or common brick-What other settings, if any, must be made for that fill to be visible in a section view where that element is in fact cut?

Or is it actually a different setting that provides a fill when cut by a section? Or do I actually have to draw a filled polygon around the geometry of the element to provide that graphic that one usually sees in a section view?

Maybe the application could be improved if one has to input multiple parameters (in different drop downs?) just to enable this graphical choice.

Call me ignorant, and then please provide me with a direction towards a solution.

Thanks
__archiben
Booster
Damon wrote:
This Forum can be dissapointing at times.
you expected an answer within two hours from people who give their time freely to be here. sometimes we have work to do too . . . chill man!
When one applies a cut fill to a wall, slab, or roof-lets say 50% or common brick-What other settings, if any, must be made for that fill to be visible in a section view where that element is in fact cut?
have you checked your 'model view options' to see how cut fills are set to display? (see attached screenshot)

the cut fill will inherit the settings that you have given it in that particular element's settings. so if (as you allude to in your first post) the fill lines have 'a weight applied', it is because you have assigned a pen with that lineweight to the element's cut fill settings . . .
Call me ignorant, and then please provide me with a direction towards a solution.
not ignorant - you could have been a little less impatient and a little more verbose in your description maybe . . . screenshots of what you're getting and what you want are always helpful. a picture says a thousand words and all that . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much- that was totally it.

Sorry for the apparent rant, I was just noticing the post being viewed and not replied to knowing it was most likely something very easy and obvious like this.

Just one of many obvious questions I have so really appreciate a clear answer like yours.

I'll be more patient next time. But I still have a post about a chamfer from days ago (different name KCW Design-my browser changed and forgot my other password, not trying to break any rules) that is not illiciting that obvious clear answer-thats where my dissappointment came from too.

Thanks again

Tad
__archiben
Booster
KCW wrote:
But I still have a post about a chamfer from days ago (different name KCW Design-my browser changed and forgot my other password, not trying to break any rules) that is not illiciting that obvious clear answer-thats where my dissappointment came from too.
but people are trying to help you, no? it does sound - from the descriptions you give of your problems - as though you do need to get some more basic training . . . it's kinda tricky just trying to work out what the problem is exactly.

regardless, i've had another go at trying to answer you over at the original post ( http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=82468#82468 ). if that isn't the issue, maybe walk us through it step-by-step. and again: your description of the issue is proving to be the problem in finding you an answer: screenshots are good!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am taking my 2nd class this Friday. It is tricky learning this on your own-I am the CAD guy in a two person office. Boss does not know CAD and no one else here for me but the Forum. I'm coming from Vectorworks so have a good object-based CAD background but each app is different in its approach-thus my frustration sometimes because of how quickly I might be able to achieve the same thing in VW-it just takes time. I'm feeling more comfortable everyday.

OK here is another dumb question 😉

I am also being forced into working on a PC at the office here and have been MAC based all my life. What is the best procedure in taking a screen shot?

Thanks
__archiben
Booster
KCW wrote:
I am also being forced into working on a PC at the office here and have been MAC based all my life. What is the best procedure in taking a screen shot?
now there i can't help you . . . i'm a mac guy too and have encountered the same problem whilst messing around in PC archicad running in parallels. i ended up jumping back to the mac to take the screenshot. hopefully there are plenty of PC users here who can help us both out . . . ?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old procedure on a PC : use the "Prt Sc" (Print Screen) button next to F12.
Then paste into Word or Photoshop for example to get into the image. I'm sure there will be other ways to do the job but this works fine if you don't want to wait fore more than two hours 🙂.
It's easier on Mac were you get a single .png file.
Djordje
Ace
Joeri wrote:
Old procedure on a PC : use the "Prt Sc" (Print Screen) button next to F12.
Then paste into Word or Photoshop
... or Paint, that is installed with the OS. Works.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen