BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cut Plane

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the residential usage has anyone else been DYING to see a cutplane that you can mark off and have one half higher than the other?

Like a main body of a house on the second story and then a bonus over a lowered garage and the cut plane be able to catch the bonus that may be 2' lower than the main body?

Some of the homes in the community I work with have a severe drop in the garage and the bonus room ends up 2+ feet lower than the second floor. It would be nice to be able to split that cut plan and be able to lower it to catch that lower bonus over the dropped garage.

I have needed that option multiple times and I dont think that having that is an odd request. seems that is should be an option to be able to do that.

Attaching a pic of a floor plan, the bonus is 4' lower than the second floor, we had to cheat to get it to do what it shows.

WH00844.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I believe this has been wished for in the past, but would be difficult to implement. Also, see this post.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Barry Kelly
Have you tried saving 2 views of the same plan.
Each with a different floor plan cutting plane height to suit what you want to see.
Then place these views in the layout and crop them to show the areas you want and join them together as if they were one plan.

It would be nice to have a stepped cutting plane but I imagine it would be quite difficult to implement.
Especially if you didn't want the change in height to be a simple straight line in plan.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vistasp
Advisor
Barry wrote:
It would be nice to have a stepped cutting plane but I imagine it would be quite difficult to implement.
How about if FPCP could be controlled by zone?

Just my Rs. 0.02
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Learn and get certified!