BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Dashed Headers On Floor Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a header above a large opening. I can construct this either by using an empty door opening, or (as I have chosen) by placing a wall with it's bottom edge at 8'-0".

The problem is that if I want to show this with dashed lines on the floor plan, I also get dashed lines on the section (they should be solid). I can't get either option to display dashed lines on the floor plan, and solid lines in sections.

It's probably something simple. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that this is the definitive answer (is there such a thing?), but I've had success using the rectangular opening library part in the Windows/Openings folder. you can delineate a dashed linetype for the (2D) plan view, which doesn't disrupt the section representation. Now if I could figure out a way to automate excluding this opening from my schedule listings...
Anonymous
Not applicable
wallcrawler wrote:
Now if I could figure out a way to automate excluding this opening from my schedule listings...
Door openings included! I assume this is already on the wish list...
Karl Ottenstein
wallcrawler wrote:
Now if I could figure out a way to automate excluding this opening from my schedule listings...
You assign a special ID to the opening and exclude that ID (or similar ones) using the criteria. Illustrated various times in several threads.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!