Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Default Fill Background Pen, what a problem!

Electric Flute
Booster
By default all AC objects, doors and windows have Fill Background Pen set to 19, which is color white using most of default Pen Sets.

But what happens if I use a different background color or a different Pen Set?? I will have to manually change and save every single object placed in my project to mach background color. Not very intelligent!

I wish AC library parts should come with Fill Background Pen set to -1 (Windows Background), so it would fit whenever Background or Pen Set I currently have.

Why Graphisoft doesn`t use this feature by default??
What do you guys do?
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what you're talking about. In AC14, the objects I've looked at have all had the fill background set to -1.
Electric Flute
Booster
So I guess fill background pen is different to each language version of ArchiCAD .
My AC is international. Do you have an US version?
Can anyone confirm this please?
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes US version here.
Erika Epstein
Booster
In the US and I believe one or two others the masking pen is 91.

The tip Karl O suggested,which works a treat, is to have pen 91 and pen 19 in all pen sets set to white masking fill.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Electric Flute
Booster
Since the US library have fill background to -1, I would like to use it.

Where can I download ArchiCAD Library 14 US?? I didn`t find it in Graphisoft website.
AC26 > AC5 - Win10