Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Deleting Excess Mesh Points

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am new to this excellent site.
After years of working with AC I just found that one can delete excess mesh points! I have often created too many points in a mesh and had to keep all points not knowing how to delete. I would then assign heights to the extra points to make them fit the site profile.
Dragging the extra mesh point outside of the site mesh and dropping seems to delete the points.
This does not seem to be in the AC manuals....or have I missed it?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found this ancient post and wanted to add a tip in case someone comes looking with the similar question on how to delete individual mesh points.

In addition to the methods mentioned before you can delete mesh points, ridges or holes in the mesh without dragging or other similar manipulations:
1.) Make sure the mesh tool is active.
2.) Select the mesh.
3.) Right click on the point you wish to delete. The mouse context menu will appear.
4.) Press escape once to close the mouse menu. Now you have mesh still selected but only the point (or hole) active and pressing backspace will delete just that point leaving the rest of the mesh intact.

Same procedure allows you to delete holes from slabs or roofs etc.
Podolsky
Ace
Well, you can do it even much easier - just select the single point (that is not connected with another points), make sure that only the point is selected and not the whole mesh - and press delete. How to select the only point - first select the whole mesh and after click again - but only on the point - black dots on the mesh counter will disappear, showing only one black dot.
The same way you can delete connected points - make sure that only they are selected and press delete.
Podolsky
Ace
I think it worked this way since Mesh was introduced in ArchiCAD 6.0
I just realised - how many people didn't know that for how many years!