Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Deleting section of a curtain wall

gedzior84
Booster
Back to the curtain wall...

Does anyone know how could I break the segment of a curtain wall? Would like to get rid of the section marked with the red arrow. The whole curtain wall is a closed polygonal shape - that is how it was created a long time ago, and now I want to break this shape.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately, the Split command does not seem to work on Curtain Walls.
So, I would create a copy of it, then modify the Reference Lines of the two instances so, in the first instance, only segments of the Reference Line BEFORE the to-be-removed segment remain, while in the second instance, only segments of the Reference Line AFTER the to-be-removed segment remain.
(The way you remove the last segment is you drag the last Node onto the next-to-last Node, then continue until all unneeded segments are removed.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
runxel
Legend
There is a special command for splitting CWs.
A bit dumb, but at least it's possible.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
gedzior84
Booster
runxel wrote:
There is a special command for splitting CWs.
A bit dumb, but at least it's possible.
Unfortunately this option doesn't work very well for me.
Generally it doesn't work at all 😉
gedzior84
Booster
LaszloNagy wrote:
So, I would create a copy of it, then modify the Reference Lines of the two instances so, in the first instance, only segments of the Reference Line BEFORE the to-be-removed segment remain, while in the second instance, only segments of the Reference Line AFTER the to-be-removed segment remain.
Oh - I get your workflow. I think it would work fine for me! Thank you LaszloNagy!