Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Demolished parapet

maro
Booster
Hi all,
Please, is there some setting in Schedules for demolished parapet?
After demolished old window and replaced new larger window,
Please see atached printscreen,
Thanks
Marek
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Are you trying to schedule the area/volume of the demolished wall?

I assume you are using the renovation filters for the new/ demolished elements?

If so you should be able to set the criteria in the schedule to look for the demolished walls.
I don’t have ArchiCAD with me at the moment so I can’t give more precise details.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
maro
Booster
Are you trying to schedule the area/volume of the demolished wall?
Yes for area/volume
I assume you are using the renovation filters for the new/ demolished elements?
Yes
If so you should be able to set the criteria in the schedule to look for the demolished walls.
I don't know how to set right criteria for the area/volume difference between demolished and new window, volume is stil for whole new window
I don’t have ArchiCAD with me at the moment so I can’t give more precise details.
Please, try if it is possible set for you, simple scene is in atachment
Would be good to have in "add fields" - demolished parts of wall, and also new parts of walls
Thanks Barry
Barry Kelly
Now that I have had time to look at this, it seems you can not get the area for an existing wall to be removed by a new window automatically just by setting the correct renovation status (i.e. the demolished wall).
You can't (or at least I can't) get the area at all for a window if I set the criteria to look for "Existing" windows for example.
As soon as I remove the renovation criteria, I can get the area of the window - not that that helps in this situation.

It looks to me that you will have to split the wall at each side of the window and also below the window.
The piece below the window you will need to tag as "to be demolished" - the rest of the walls will be "Existing".

You can now set the criteria of your schedule to look for "element type = wall" AND "renovation status = to be demolished".
This will give you the area of the wall to be demolished.

In other words it seems that you actually have to model the walls yourself.
From what I can see, adding a new window to a wall will not give you a quantity for a demolished wall area.
You have to model the demolished wall yourself.

Unless someone else knows another way?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
maro
Booster
Thanks Barry,
let's hope that someone of the developers read this topic, and solution for this will be able to be added to the next editions of the archicade, by reconstructing projects it is necessary to have this possibility of schedules (demolished and new parts Walls by overlappings openings - demolished and new)
Marek