BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Detail Library [USA Library]

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just started using AC23, and I am going back to 22 as soon as I can. Now it seems the library is lacking several detail parts i use all the time. The stud symbol is missing. as well as anchor bolts and batt insulation. Am i just not seeing these things or have they hidden them so well I just cant find them. This has been the hardest upgrade I have every had with this program. any ideas where these things are, or are they just gone now?
Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
paultp wrote:
I just started using AC23, and I am going back to 22 as soon as I can.

You are probably having trouble because version 23 hasn't been released yet.
So how can you be using it?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
paultp wrote:
I just started using AC23, and I am going back to 22 as soon as I can. Now it seems the library is lacking several detail parts i use all the time. The stud symbol is missing. as well as anchor bolts and batt insulation. Am i just not seeing these things or have they hidden them so well I just cant find them. This has been the hardest upgrade I have every had with this program. any ideas where these things are, or are they just gone now?
Thanks.
My bad, I was reading about 23 and had it on the brain. I meant version 22 is giving me a fit.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you use GDL Objects from the previous version library/migration library? They should be there.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The migration library is there, but these parts arent. I tried reloading the migration library, and just ended up with a bunch of duplicate parts. I just drew the parts I needed. Im going back to 21 after this project. Not worth the aggravation I have had trying to migrate.
Karl Ottenstein
I'm confused, Paul... I see the entire Detailer library in the AC 22 USA standard library. See attached. Have you run all updates to 22, including the Library Update that was posted months ago?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
And, you know you can search for anything inside the Object dialog box, right? E.g., attached...which also finds the stud and insulation symbols...
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
It says everything is up to date, but I am missing all of those parts. I'll do the update again just for the heck of it. Finally got to the end of this little house I have been working on, went to render (in black and white), settings are all the same as 21, and the end result looks like crap. I'm just scrapping this version. Like I said earlier, just not worth the aggravation. Thanks anyway tho..
Barry Kelly
paultp wrote:
It says everything is up to date, but I am missing all of those parts. I'll do the update again just for the heck of it. Finally got to the end of this little house I have been working on, went to render (in black and white), settings are all the same as 21, and the end result looks like crap. I'm just scrapping this version. Like I said earlier, just not worth the aggravation. Thanks anyway tho..
There are some differences in 22 compared to 21, and I am sure both of your issues have been discussed in other posts here already - it is just a matter of finding them.
I will look later if I can.

I would try to figure out what the problems are unless you are happy to go back to 21 and stay there for good.
I am sure you will have the same problems changing to 23 or any other future version as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Seconding Barry's comment: nothing will be better in 23 and higher if you don't adapt to what has changed in 22.

In any case... if I wasn't clear... the Library update is a totally separate update from the Program update. You can be up to date with the program and still have the wrong (original release) library. Do a Help > Check for Updates again and see if you don't see a Library update offered, in spite of a message saying that your program is up-to-date. The page that is displayed should show separate info for the status of each component.
Learn and get certified!