Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Detailed Parametric Windows (image shown)

riyadist
Booster

Hi,

Are there parametric windows as similar as own library but more detailed? Could I find in bimobjects? Whenever I find a windows it only comes with one type. I need to find windows which is most editable and detailed. 

riyadist_0-1653751770872.png

3 REPLIES 3

Hello riadiste,

In France and Swiss we are able to use another windows ands doors library made and updated by our main distributor. But why do you want to make doors and windows more complex? More polygons means more weight for the file and more delays for its modification or its consultation. Moreover, do we need to model very precisely to build? My opinion is that in 99.99% of cases the native library of
Archicad is perfect. However, I make sure to complete my projects with a notebook of constructive details.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
riyadist
Booster

Hi Christophe,

Due to Architectural visualization we need more detailed objects like this window. Could you please share the swiss or french library made? How does it work? 

Hello @riyadist,

The objects of the native Archicad library allow a correct architectural visualization at 1/50th but these objects are obviously insufficient for a representation at 1/20. In this case, there is no need for an extra object, just work on the scale of a detail on a worksheet.
Using more detailed complementary 3D resources slows down your project without allowing a better representation on all the objects of the same category. Objects not native to Archicad are not dedicated to design but rather to the prescription of the marks themselves (heavier and less parametric).
The Franco-Swiss library is available here for AC25 :

https://downloads.abvent.com/download/bibliotheque-france-suisse-Archicad-25/?wpdmdl=10179

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin