Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension autotext

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
just a quick one: is the autotext feature available on linear dimensions or not? I'm on AC12 and I can see that feature but it's disabled... is that right or I'm not doing something I should?
Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Claudio:

The Autotext feature for Linear Dimensions is only available in ArchiCAD 14.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers David
Erika Epstein
Booster
Dimension autotext works a little differently than expected as it does not call an autotext field from the File>Info>Project Info. Instead you select type after selecting Custom text in the Dimension text box you type in the custom text you want each time.

For example if you want it to read the measured text value e.g. 3'-4" VIF, 3'-4" being the measured live value, then you first select the <measured value> and then type in the VIF. Stretching what you measured, the measurement stays live and the custom text VIF stays in the dimension stringe.

You cannot call VIF as a choice as from the Project Info, you must type it in in each time you want to qualify a dimension with VIF.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"