BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions changing

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the course of laying out a kitchen I created a string of dimensions between cabinets. When I moved the floor plan to a layout book some of the dimensions changed, such as 3'-4" showed up as 3'-3 31/32". Several other dimensions also changed by a small increment. Back in the project map the dimension remains correct. How can I be assured that whatever I create in the project map will stay the same when I format the drawing?
Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Maybe you've haven't got your 'Working Units' (Options -> Project Preferences) set straight for 'Model Unit' and 'Layout Unit'?

Working with feet and inches look so strange to me.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again. I think that did it. I made some changes in there although all I changed was the sensitivity of the fractions (1/64 to 1/8 :? ). The drawing on the layout did not update automatically but after I deleted it and reset it everything looks fine.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Kingfish60:

You should create a named Project Preferences > Dimensions set with the Units and Fractional accuracy you want to display for the View, then assign that Dimension setting to that View, similar to creating and assigning a Layer Combination to a View. This is separate from the Working Units.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Dontknow
Enthusiast
David:
Thank you for your information.

What do you mean with 'then assign that Dimension setting to that View'?
And how do you do that?
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand the last part about 'assigning that Dimension setting to a view'. I was able to Name the dimensions preferences I want with the 'Store as' button. But I don't know where to go after that. There doesn't appear to be anything in the 'Settings' Dialog box when in 'Layout Book' that correlates to dimensioning. Thank you for help
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Dontknow wrote:
What do you mean with 'then assign that Dimension setting to that View'?
And how do you do that?
See attached, when saving to your navigator view map you should select all that you want to display, layers/dimensions etc.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it. Thank you
Learn and get certified!