BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Disappearing Hotlinks

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am relatively new to Archicad. I just joined a firm about 4 months ago that uses it exclusively. I'm getting pretty proficient with it but some things still baffle me. This on in particular I think is maybe a bug? BTW using Archicad 18 on a mac.

So I have a project that is a campus of 4 buildings. I created a new archicad file and am attempting to hotlink in the other PLN files. I go to file, external content, place hotlinked module and then select the file that I want to hotlink, name it, etc. It then asks me to match stories, which I do.

The building that I am trying to hotlink appears before me with a dashed box around it, the library loading report pops up, and then my hotlinked model disappears, all without me pressing anything after the match stories dialogue.

Checking the hotlink manager confirms that no hotlinked file was attached.

A few times of repeatedly doing this I got the model to show up (with textures) and it just sat there, but when I clicked inside of the window it disappeared. What is going on???
1 REPLY 1
The dashed box is a "proposed" placement, and is pretty temporary. Just click outside of the box while it is still showing to get the hotlink to stay. You can move the referenced plan after it's placed.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!