BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Disappearing cross sections and elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Archicad 22, I have been having trouble with my cross section and elevation information disappearing. The icons are still visible in the plan view, but when I try to open a cross section or elevation, on any 2D information or dimensions will be visible.

If I drag a copy of the section or elevation and open that, the window appears normally with all 3D and 2D information. I then have to delete the original section or elevation and change the numbering to keep working.

2018 MacBook Pro 15 w. Mac OS 10.13.6
Ram 32GB, 1T SSD
Archicad 22
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had similar problems. Sometimes saving and completely shutting down the machine and restarting will bring it back, but sometimes not...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob,
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try.
Perhaps my bad habit of starting a project with a "save as" and clearing out the previous project information is catching up with me ..... should be using a template, but I'm always improving things and want the latest and greatest version of my "template" going forward.
Chris
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Sounds like a rebuilding problem. Next time you see this happen, please try doing a 'Rebuild&Regenerate' (ctrl+alt+shift+R). This might regenerate the geometry and things might appear.

Also, if you have a certain set of steps that triggers this, I would really want to try it myself to see if it is caused by a bug. Could you send me the steps to reproduce this along with a PLA version of the project? (you can send them in a private message)

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!