BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Disappearing window sash...and other strange things

Anonymous
Not applicable
All of a sudden my elevations and sections are missing great portions of the model. The elevations only show the window holes and not the sash though they appear in 3D. The sash doesn't show in plan view either. In some sections the whole building is gone but not some notes or elevation lines. I think it must have to do with layers but even when I turn them all on lots of stuff remains missing. Yet it's all there when I go to 3D. I am perplexed. Thanks for help
13 REPLIES 13
Barry Kelly
Sounds like your plan, elevation and 3D may all be using different renovation filters.
And possibly your elements (walls, roofs, windows, doors, etc.) all have different renovation status (new, existing, to be demolished).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hadn't been using the renovation filter but I just set the renovation filter to show all and nothing changes. I think I can trace the beginning of the problems to when I started going through the sections and renaming them. I have all the layers turned on and still missing great pieces of the structure. And yet it all shows in 3D. One oddity in 3D is a large box around a tree.
Some sections show more elements but not all and some show no elements but a detail line and some hot spots.
Barry Kelly
Could it be the extents (range) of your elevations?
Anything outside of the elevation extents will not show.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
No it's not that. I'm at a loss. window sash doesn't show in plan view either, just the openings. Everything shows in 3D. Sections and Elevations are a mess. I will probably have to go back to an earlier model and start over. Not happy. Thanks for trying though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry- I noticed in the layers dialog box that the Archicad layer is grayed out, not active. Could that be my issue? I don't know how that happened or how to turn it back on.
To me, this sounds like the wrong MVO is tied to the views, or at least is getting reset somehow. When you are in a view where windows are missing, check the MVO settings and make sure that you have them set to display.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
Kingfish60 wrote:
Barry- I noticed in the layers dialogue box that the Archicad layer is grayed out, not active. Could that be my issue? I don't know how that happened or how to turn it back on.
The Archicad layer should always be active - it can never be hidden or locked as far as I know.
But your windows and doors shouldn't be in this layer so I don't think that is the problem.
As Richard has suggested it could also be the MVO settings.

It won't be Graphic Overrides as they can only change the appearance - not hide elements.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
Kingfish60 wrote:
Barry- I noticed in the layers dialogue box that the Archicad layer is grayed out, not active. Could that be my issue? I don't know how that happened or how to turn it back on.
The Archicad layer should always be active - it can never be hidden or locked as far as I know.
The ARCHICAD layer cannot be deleted or renamed.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The ARCHICAD Layer should not be hidden.
Could it be that the Project File somehow got corrupted?
You could close the file, go to the Open Dialog and check the "Open and Repair Selected File" in the Dialog, then open it that way. It may repair something in it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!