Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Displaying 2D CAD import in 3D view

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jaaneman:

It is possible to save the dwg file as an Object which will create a 3D version of the file. Use the Open Object... command, and select Browse for file... at the top of the dialog box. Navigate to and open the dwg file, this will open the file as an Object. Save the file as an Object and then load it into your libraries with the Library Manager. Use the Object Tool to select and place the file, it will appear as 2D and 3D. In 3D it will be flat (all in a single x/y plane).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Sorry David,
Although this seemed like a legitimate question about how to show a 2D DWG in a 3D view, it was actually a spam post.
The user posts a legitimate question but puts a spam link in their signature.
I have banned the user and so the original post has been deleted.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11