BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Displaying decimal points for area.

JGoode
Advocate
Hi,

how can I get my object to display the amount of decimal points that my project preferences set?

here is my line of code
standard1 = str(room_area, 3, 2)  + " " + units
Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Think this is what zone stamps do (display m² based on project preferences), and since they are basically objects, maybe dig around a bit in the script there to see what is going on?

If you mean how to see what the working units are set to, I believe there are some Request statements you can use for Working_lenght_unit etc
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JGoode
Advocate
Erwin wrote:
Think this is what zone stamps do (display m² based on project preferences), and since they are basically objects, maybe dig around a bit in the script there to see what is going on?

If you mean how to see what the working units are set to, I believe there are some Request statements you can use for Working_lenght_unit etc
My own zone stamp doesn't do this as it is set in the str to 2 decimal points. I need to automate the 2 decimal points to read the project preferences.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Did a quick dig around in GDL Reference Guide, check page 386, the thing you want to request is AREA_DIMENSION for m²

Or as found in the zone stamp:
area_form = ""													! Format as set in the Preferences
	rrr = request ("Area_dimension", "", area_form)
	room_area	= str (area_form, Temp_CalcArea)
	gross_area	= str (area_form, Temp_GrossArea)
etc
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JGoode
Advocate
Okay I made a bit of progress however I have no idea how to implement the format_string into my string with the area
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
JGoode
Advocate
Never mind, I've got it now. Thanks very much for your help.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Learn and get certified!