Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Displaying formulae for the calculations of areas of zone in the schedules

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

Good time of  the day, gentlemen

I've got a bit of a challenge. I need to create an automatic schedule for the zones, and display the formulae for how their areas were calculated. Like so:

IsaacNewton_0-1669810233800.png

So, for an instantce, if I have a 5 metre long and 8 metre wide room, its area would obviously be 5 x 8 = 40 square metres. So what I need is not only to display the results of the calculations but the very calculations themselves.

That's obviously agravated by the fact that some rooms may not have parallel or even straight walls. Therefore the formula for their area won't always be just the width multiplied by the length. But, I believe that that would suffice if I could, at least, show the avarage width multiplied by the avarage length in that formula. Like so:

IsaacNewton_1-1669810705479.pngIsaacNewton_2-1669811164954.png

It would be even better, of course, if it was possible to display the the specific formulas consisting of the sum of areas of two raectangles for specific kinds of rooms with parallel walls but with a shape more complex than just a raectangle, e.g. the T shaped rooms, like that one:

IsaacNewton_3-1669811516729.pngIsaacNewton_4-1669811745108.png

Currently though, I have difficulties with displaying even the formulae for the rectangular rooms with parallel walls. I've found this video tutorial that explains how to display any sorts of values in the schedules:

How to Create Expression Based Properties in Archicad - Merge Strings (CONCAT) - YouTube

The problem is that there are no width and length parameters for the zones in Archicad though. When I try to select the those parameters from the general parameters partition, I have the emply rows in the schedule, such as those:

IsaacNewton_5-1669812276831.png

Therefore, I'd like to ask whether there is any way to achieve the desired effect to be enforced automatically somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ole
Advocate

This is built into the German version of Archicad. See Screenshot. Going by your room names, you are dealing with a German project? Are there still "Bauverwaltungen" who want to see these calculations 😪 Or even double-check them?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-30 um 14.13.49.jpg

ARCHICAD since 4.55 | macOS current | AC 26 current

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Ole
Advocate

This is built into the German version of Archicad. See Screenshot. Going by your room names, you are dealing with a German project? Are there still "Bauverwaltungen" who want to see these calculations 😪 Or even double-check them?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-30 um 14.13.49.jpg

Thank you, that's exactly what I need! Yes, indeed, it's a German project. I doubt they are going to check it, but still, you know, bureaucracy is bureaucracy)) We're just setting an experiment whether it's possible to make all this automatically.

But somehow this table is empty in my project, even though I've placed and named all the zones properly in the project.

IsaacNewton_1-1669816802737.png

Without knowing about this table, I've already made a similar table from scratch

IsaacNewton_0-1669816749388.png

Perhaps I must disclose some layers for it to work?

Beg your pardon, now I see it. It was in the settings. That works perfectly!

Why is this not available to all Archicad users!

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Because you do not have a "Deutsche Industrie Norm 277" or a "Verordnung zur Berechnung der Wohnfläche (Wohnflächenverordnung - WoFlV)" 😀😀

I don't need no norms : - )

I built a side business in the 1990s doing Leasing Certificates for my firm's commercial clients here in North America. This was built into MiniCad (now Vectorworks).

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Excuse me, may I ask you please, how do I edit this form? May I set it somehow to calculate the areas of the balconies and the terraces with the factor of 0.5? And is it possible to devide these form by the apartments. That is make a separate document for each apartment?

apartments :

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-30 um 20.56.50.jpg

balconies:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-30 um 20.49.49.jpg

It would be usefull to built this in the INT version. I cannot understand why certain addons are not available in all version especially international. There are several reasons for a user to work with the international version instead of his/her localized one. So this is not a matter of norms. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.